Research and Markets, who produce a wealth of cutting edge reports on every aspect of the orthopaedic device industry – including joint reconstruction and replacement, orthopaedic implants, braces and supports, spinal devices and trauma fixation - have announced the addition of the '78-page Trauma and Extremities Market Analysis by Type and Segment Forecasts to 2024' report to their website.
Key takeaways from the report include:
- North America dominated the global trauma and extremities market in 2015 with a revenue share of more than 40%.
- The market is expected to reach a value of USD 15.9 billion by 2024. The expansion is attributed to the increasing geriatric population base along with the growing incidence rate of target diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Companies are investing in new product development, which is anticipated to aid the future growth of the market. Introduction of new technologies in terms of material, technique, and the non-invasive nature of the employed material are augmenting the market growth.
In July 2016, DePuy Synthes launched a new hand locking system used for deformities and fracture fixation. This device is designed to reduce soft tissue irritation and facilitate healing.
- The industry is dominated by DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, and Medtronic, however Advanced Orthopaedic Solutions, Emerge Medical, and Bioretec Ltd. are key emerging players.
- Internal fixation dominated the market in 2015 due to the following associated advantages: shorter hospital stays, lesser scars and skin pressure, early functionality achieved in patients, and lesser risk of non-union and malunion of bones.
In July 2016, the Acumed’s wrist fixation implants, Acu-Loc and Acu-Loc 2, reached a worldwide sales milestone of 0.5 million in 2 years indicating the high demand for internal fixation devices. This demand is expected to grow over the forecasted period.
- Plates and screws are the most popular owing to the less blood loss involved and shorter operative time. This segment is expected to witness growth owing to the focus of companies on integrating different tools into one system.
For further analysis and information from this report please visit the Research and Markets website.